The Mainly Mozart Youth Orchestra (MMYO) serves San Diego students through a music education and performance program that offers:
- A high instructor-student ratio;
- Programs for youth ages 3-23;
- A strong inclusion policy that integrates children with learning differences, allowing all students to learn from each other in a welcoming environment;
- A robust scholarship program for youth with financial need;
- Partnership with Tijuana’s music conservatory to form California’s only bi-national orchestra, the Youth Orchestra of the Californias, with rehearsals and performances on both sides of the border;
- Performance opportunities at private and professional venues throughout San Diego;
- The opportunity to rehearse and perform side-by-side with Mainly Mozart professional musicians.
- Coaching by and exposure to Mainly Mozart’s internationally acclaimed Artist-Faculty.