The Rancho Santa Fe Garden Club commenced operations in 1926. A small group of families in the area wanted to further the advancement of gardening and landscaping the Ranch, which was then three years old. An anonymous donor contributed funds to build a clubhouse. Other members donated the furnishings. During World War II, The building was the headquarters for many war agencies. It was designated a Civilian Causality Center. Among other activities, the making of wreaths for military hospitals began. The Rancho Santa Fe Garden Club sponsored the first two fall Fashions Shows of the Country Friends and the first clean-up and anti-litter campaign in San Diego County. Cooperation between the Garden Club and the Rancho Santa Fe Association began in 1957 with the overall beautification of roadside plantings, and the landscaping of the school, the Gold Club and the post office.
In 1971, the Articles of Incorporation were revised to broaden the purposes – to promote home and civic beautification, to conduct horticulture exhibits and shows, and to sponsor social and cultural programs. Soon after, the members began to talk about a new, larger clubhouse. By 1974, the present land was donated; building funds were received for the old building as well as generous monetary donations from members, and the architectural plans were drawn. Much cooperative work, time planning, and the dedication of the members contributed to the existing beautiful building.
Today, the club’s members continue the ideas and untiring work of the Rancho Santa Fe Garden Club for the betterment of the community!
- (858) 756-1554
17025 Avenida De Acacias
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067